Thursday, March 4, 2010

I am still learning

If I have the time, I like to 'tinker' with computer stuff.  I don't mean that I take my computer apart, just that I like to press this or that button just to see what happens.  I tend to take an intuitive view of computers and what they can do, and that is how I go about trying to figure things out. This is why I am not good at math, of course.  Math either is or it isn't.  Nothing intuitive about it, at least not at the most basic levels.  2+2=4.  Which is not how my mind works.  I sometimes think that I would have learned a lot more about math if the teachers would have shown me the end result of a problem and asked me to work backwards.  I have never seen any teacher try this, but I definitely think that it would work for some students as a way to get them to think about a new concept.

I'm probably speaking heresy....

No comments:

Post a Comment